What is Your Passion?
“Follow your passion”. How many times have I heard people say that in my life? Honestly, I have no idea what that means. My passions are around rolled up aces over kings and hitting a Pick 5 with a long shot in the last leg. But no idea how that would have helped me professionally. I think it is the same thing with being a creator.
Just “follow your passion” is not going to get it done. Instead, I think what you need to use what your passions are to find the content that really develops an audience for you. You need to understand the things that really move you and how that turns into world-class content.
Deciding what your passion is can be a challenging and personal process, and it may take some time and self-reflection to figure out. Here are a few steps that might help:
- Reflect on your past experiences: Think about activities or experiences that have brought you joy, excitement, or a sense of fulfillment in the past. These could be hobbies, sports, volunteer work, or even just conversations with friends.
- Consider your values and goals: What is important to you in life? What do you want to achieve or contribute to the world? Your passion may be something that aligns with your values and helps you work towards your goals.
- Experiment with new things: Try out new activities and hobbies, even if they seem intimidating or unrelated to your current interests. You never know what might spark a new passion.
- Get feedback from others: Talk to people you trust, such as friends, family members, or mentors, about your interests and the things you enjoy. They may have insights or observations that can help you discover your passion.
- Keep an open mind: Remember that your passion may not be something that you’ve tried before, and it may evolve over time. Be open to new experiences and be willing to embrace change.
Ultimately, finding your passion is a personal journey and may require some trial and error. It’s important to be patient and keep an open mind as you explore different possibilities and learn more about yourself.